PHOTOREJUVENATION – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Contact us for exceptional results in removing dark spots, redness and
the visible signs of premature aging.
REAL PEOPLE. REAL RESULTS.
The photos above have generally had a minimum of 3 treatments, or a combination of modalities and/or home skincare. It’s the things we do EVERY DAY that enhance RESULTS.
Diminish dark spots and other signs of premature aging for a more youthful, radiant complexion.
Owner Sue Carroll is an Experienced Aesthetician who can Expertly Treat
freckles | brown marks | hyperpigmentation | redness | capillaries | rosacea
Have you started noticing small brown spots on your skin? These sunspots are a form of skin damage, and they represent one of the most common signs of premature aging. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution to improve your skin tone and restore a more youthful complexion.
FotoFacial treatments effectively target pigment under the skin’s surface to reduce the appearance of discolouration. The treatment also works on vascular marks (distended blood vessels often caused by UV exposure), such as spider veins and port-wine stains. All it takes is a few quick treatments.
Photorejuvenation FotoFacial using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) targets brown spots, red vessels and stimulates collagen resulting in a lighter, brighter and more even skin colour.
Sue Carroll is an experienced aesthetician and can expertly treat freckles, brown marks, hyperpigmentation, redness, capillaries and rosacea.
During the treatment, the eyes are covered, and the IPL handpiece delivers specific pulses of light to the treated area. The area is scanned with the IPL sometimes with multiple passes to treat the specific condition.
When brown marks are treated, the area will normally go darker for a few days after and then the skin will gradually slough off. Red and blue blood vessels typically fade immediately. The sensation for about 1 hour after is similar to a mild sunburn. Occasionally swelling can last for a few days after the procedure. The skin is treated for the condition that is apparent at the time of treatment and lifestyle changes, and prescribed skincare will help to prevent the condition from returning.
Depending on the condition and the area to be treated 1-3 treatments may be required and then a revitalized, radiant skin is the result.
Tips for IPL Photorejuvenation Fotofacial:
- Do not use AHA’s, BHA’s, or retinols for 1 week before and after the treatment
- Do not pick, peel or scratch the area after treatment
- Use only prescribed skincare after treatment
- Sunscreen must be worn at all times
- Do not have exfoliation for at least 5 days after
- Heat from exercise, showers, steam, caffeine or alcohol should be avoided for at least 12 hours before and after treatment
Frequently Asked Questions About
PHOTOREJUVENATION – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
What are the contraindications for IPL?
Dark or heavily tanned skin can sometimes be subject to complications following IPL treatments. A consultation with one of our qualified professionals is the best way to determine whether you are a good candidate for IPL Photorejuvenation treatments. We recommended that the skin be hydrated and healthy before an IPL treatment for a speedy recovery and optimum outcome.
General contraindications include, but are not limited to:
- Recent sunburn
- Tan application, unprotected sun exposure or solarium use four weeks prior and four weeks after treatment
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- History of seizures
- dermatitis or eczema (within the treatment area)
- Active infections
- Roaccutane use in the last six months
- Herpes 1 or 2 (within the treatment area)
- Hair removal procedures, e.g. waxing, laser, cream 1-4 weeks before treatment area – check with the aesthetician before treatment
- Photo sensitising medications – nil by mouth
- Histamine reaction to bug bites etc
What are the possible downtime expectations of an IPL treatment?
- Light bruising
Is IPL laser painful?
Pain levels may vary from person to person. Our professional IPL machines have a built-in cooling system that actively cools the skin as the machine operates, considerably reducing discomfort. In addition, an option to apply numbing cream 40 minutes before treatment may minimise discomfort. Please purchase from the pharmacy and apply as thick as peanut butter or be sure to inform the clinic if you want to put on in the clinic so we can confirm a treatment room is available to do so.
What Conditions Can IPL Treatments Treat?
IPL treatments can target numerous skin conditions such as:
- Brown spots
- Broken blood vessels and veins
- Rosacea maintenance
How Do IPL Treatments Improve The Above-Mentioned Skin Conditions?
IPL treatments are an effective way to eliminate or reduce pigmentation in the skin of the face, neck, chest, hand, and other body areas. IPL works by
- Removing sunspots by lightening the darkened pigments areas
- Lightening age spots commonly seen on sun damaged skin
- Reducing and removing brown spots on the face and neck and hands (the skin most exposed to sunlight)
- Lightening and lowering redness, rosacea, dilated blood vessels, and “broken” blood vessels on the face, neck, and chest
- Help manage skin flushing
- Improving skin quality and texture
- Stimulating collagen
Is There Post-Treatment After-Care Instructions Associated With IPL?
The recovery from IPL treatments is generally reasonably short and quick, as there is usually minimal damage caused to the skin during the treatment. The following is a preventive summary following IPL treatments which will be given to you in more detail as a post-care document on the day of treatment:
- No sun tanning outside or inside and no tan application creams
- No hot baths or showers
- No wet or dry sauna use
- No swimming in chlorinated pools, hot tubs, and spas
- No scented lotions or soaps on the treated skin
- No AHA, glycolic, salicylic, or depilatory creams on the treated area
Sue and her knowledgeable staff can provide you with more details on the post-treatment instructions and guidelines to follow after IPL treatments so you can end up with beautiful, long-lasting results. If you are interested in IPL treatments, contact our clinic to schedule an appointment.
Advanced Bookings Recommended