Anti-Aging injectable wrinkle treatments
Why are so many people afraid of speaking about and receiving injectable wrinkle treatments? We are all familiar with numerous reasons, mainly the horror stories we have heard and seen. Don’t be afraid any longer. Let me help with providing some possible answers to allay your fears. Injectable treatments are a great potential solution for smoothing your skin and helping you be the best version of yourself.
Collagen and elastin give skin a plump, youthful appearance. Unfortunately, starting in our late 20s and moving into our 30s, our skin loses its ability to protect and regenerate itself. As we age, we lose the ability to produce collagen and elastin, leading to a loss of volume in the face and creases in the skin. Lines that form with various facial expressions also begin to leave their mark.
Considering both anti-wrinkle and dermal filler injections may assist with reducing and even removing the tell-tale signs of age. Your injection choice will depend on several factors such as your age, skin type, the severity of the wrinkle and the cause of the crease. It will also depend on whether you have the injection as a preventative measure or to treat an existing condition. I always think it is not about looking different but being the best version of yourself, and with the right professional injector, this is achievable.
Anti-Aging injections contain naturally purified toxins as protein to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause wrinkles and lines of expression. The treatment involves a fine needle injecting the toxin into the area you wish to smooth. The treatment requires no downtime; effects occur within 7-10 days and can last for 2-3 months or longer depending on the area treated, lifestyle and the amount of exercise you do.
Anti-Aging injections can also be used for crows feet near the eyes, a lip flip, forehead wrinkles, bunny lines in the nose, smokers lines, neckband reduction, sagging brows, gummy smiles, hyperhidrosis -excessive sweating, migraines, teeth grinding and clenching, and marionette lines at the sides of the mouth.
Dermal Filler injections can last up to a year and are most commonly used for:
- Nose correction (reshaping the nose to give it a straighter, larger or more symmetrical appearance)
- Providing gentle fullness to the forehead, which represents youth. As we age, the temple area often recesses and filler will gently add a youthful fullness.
- Sunken tear troughs represent a tired appearance to the face and dermal filler can fill the recess which stems from the inner corner of the eye and out to the cheek instantly
- Lips can lose volume with age and we can also be born with thin lips.
- Cheeks are the most popular area to enhance as with aging, it is one of the first areas to lose volume
- Chin augmentation can improve the appearance of a recessed chin and align it with the nose and forehead.
- Hand rejuvenation is very popular as a filler that will plump the depleted volume and remove the bony appearance.
- Ear lobes are gaining popularity with filler as the combination of age and earrings has often dragged the skin down and needs increased volume.
When having in-clinic treatments, anti-aging and dermal filler injections can be like the icing on the cake for the final aesthetic result. However, facial treatments such as facials or skin resurfacing treatments are best performed after anti-aging or dermal filler injections. Individuals must confirm with their cosmetic injector the recommended delay times as it can vary from 24 hours to two weeks. The delay is because the administered solution is best not moved and has a better chance to do the intended work.
When used in conjunction with a good skin care programme at home, in-clinic treatments, and professionally administered registered injectables, you can be the best version YOU.